Become a Host
What to Expect
Considering opening your home to a youth in need? Here is what to expect with YADS.
YADS coordinators will interview all youth and host family candidates, including criminal background checks for full transparency for all parties. The safety and comfort of all parties is our top priority.
Your YADS coordinator will provide support via individual/group check-ins, educational guidance, transportation arrangements, mentorship and general questions as both parties become acclimated.
YADS team member meets with the Host to review application, length of stay etc. We carefully match youth with host and provide each with a profile. A meet-up and tour is scheduled to allow youth to see the host home.
We strive to provide the wellness support needed to avoid crisis. 24hr crisis prevention is also available as we prioritize the mental and physical health of all parties.
The Host are provided with YADS guidelines for signature and agreement. The youth are provided with YADS orientation and guidelines for signature prior to their move-in.
Hosts are paid a fix cost to help cover monthly room and board, which include utilities.
Please Contact Us to learn more.
Host Eligibility Requirements
1. Reside in the North Carolina, Wake County area.
2. At least 35 years of age.
3. Must own your home and have applicable homeowner insurance.
4. Currently an American citizen or legal permanent resident and speak English as your primary language.
5. Provide a private furnished bedroom and a functional living area.
6. Define and provide home safety procedures along with safeguarding the home.
Please Click Below for recommendations on managing accommodations as a host. Although not required, these are strongly encouraged.
Apply to Become A Host
Submit your details below and a coordinator will reach out to begin your pre-screening.